January 22, 2021: Testing scheduled for this weekend, January 23 to 24, has been canceled. There will be normal weekend service and this work will be rescheduled for a later date.
January 7, 2021: This coming weekend (January 9 to 10) and the following two weekends (January 16 to 17 and January 23 to 24) the LIRR will be performing signal testing in one of its interlockings to the east of New Hyde Park Station. This will result in a Main Line shutdown. The LIRR will also be taking advantage of this outage to conduct track work, namely track surfacing, along the Main Line.
This weekend (January 9 to 10), the LIRR will be testing new signal infrastructure in and around the New Hyde Park Station. This will result in several key service changes and outages including, but not limited to:
- No train service at New Hyde Park, Merillon Avenue, Mineola, Carle Place and Westbury stations.
- As an alternative, use the Hempstead Branch, where weekend service will be increased from hourly to half-hourly, or NICE Bus service. LIRR tickets will be cross-honored on the N22/24 bus routes for service between Hicksville and Mineola, and the N40/41 bus routes for service between Mineola and Hempstead. See schedules
- The work will involve several pieces of heavy machinery during the course of the weekends and it will be disruptive to any residents in the immediate vicinity.
- Find the full details and schedule impacts on all the different branches.
- Work is weather dependent; dates are subject to change to take advantage of favorable conditions.