March 21, 2022: Last week, the construction team continued construction on Stewart Avenue and began work for gas main testing at the intersection of Roslyn Road and East Williston Avenue. The outreach team will continue to keep residents and businesses informed during work and give notice of upcoming activities, maintaining social distancing and eliminating any close contact.
Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see the following activities during work hours:
- Construction in the Stewart Avenue median.
- Crew presence in the Roslyn Road - East Williston Avenue intersection.
- Test pitting in the westbound LIE Service Road near Locust Lane.
Traffic Management Updates
- Westbound traffic on Stewart Avenue, between Arthur Street and Kellum Lane, will be reduced to one lane during work hours.
- The U-turn in the Stewart Avenue median, between Arthur Street and Kellum Lane, will be closed at all times for the duration of the project.
- Northbound traffic on Roslyn Road will be reduced to one lane near East Williston Avenue at all times.
- Westbound traffic on Powerhouse Road will be reduced to one lane near Locust Lane during work hours.
- Our crews will have flaggers present to redirect traffic as necessary.