Posted on December 19, 2022 at 6:25 AM by Vanessa Blecha
March 4, 2022
PSEG Long Island is scheduling to perform storm hardening work through an initiative called Power On. This program will help strengthen 50 miles of distribution lines per year over the next several years, targeting the most vulnerable circuits across Long Island and the Rockaways. Upcoming work on a circuit includes areas in Garden City.
The project includes:
- Upgrading and replacing existing electric wire with more resilient and durable wire.
- Installing new and more durable poles. The poles will be similar in height and have a stronger base. In addition, PSEG Long Island will actively coordinate the removal of old poles with other utilities.
- Installing shorter cross arms atop some poles to help deflect falling limbs instead of catching them.
The work on this circuit is scheduled to begin on or about the week of March 21st. Crews will be working on about .85 miles of the mainline on the following streets in the Village of Garden City:
- Stratford Avenue, between New Hyde Park Road and Hayes Street
- New Hyde Park Road, between Stratford Avenue and Manor Road
- Stewart Avenue, between Fernwood Terrace N and New Hyde Park Road
- Rear property of homes 98-126, 99-121 and 213 on Meadbrook Road between Stratford Avenue and Stewart Avenue
- Rear Property of homes 74, 78, 82, and 84 on Roxbury Road between Stewart Avenue and North Avenue
There are no anticipated outages related to this project. In the event that a brief outage is required, affected customers will be notified in advance. Customers are being sent a letter explaining the work that will be done. For project information, visit the PSEG Long Island website. If you have further questions, please call PSEG Long Island Customer Service at 1-800-490-0025 between 8 am and 8 pm